Birth Registration Information
- Birth Registration Home
- Hospital Birth & Fetal Death Registration Forms
- MR&C for Birth Registrars
- Register a record
- Hospital Birth Registrar Reference
- Birth Registration Related Links
- Hospital Stillbirths
- Training for Vital Records Professionals
Office of Vital Records
MR&C for Hospital Birth Registrars
MR&C, Minnesota Registration & Certification, is our statewide vital records system. Birth registrars use MR&C to register births and fetal deaths. Funeral home staff and medical certifiers use MR&C to register deaths. Vital records offices issue certificates and other documents from MR&C. Complete the MR&C Birth Registrar and Facility User Agreement (PDF) to get a username.
If you are completely new to birth registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the MR&C training environment. Include your first and last name, the facility you represent, and your work email address. In the training environment, you can enter a fictitious record for practice.
To add a birth attendant to MR&C, complete the Birth Attendant Application and Change Request (PDF).
Worksheets and Instructions
- Worksheet and instructions for creating your child's birth record (PDF)
- Worksheet/Instructions for creating your child's birth record - Hmong (PDF)
- Worksheet/Instructions for creating your child's birth record - Karen (PDF)
- Worksheet/Instructions for creating your child's birth record - Somali (PDF)
- Worksheet/Instructions for creating your child's birth record - Spanish (PDF)
- Birth Record Medical Information (PDF)
- Mother's worksheet for creating a fetal death report (PDF)
- Cause of fetal death and medical information for fetus and mother (PDF)