Polk-Norman-Mahnomen community health assessment and planning
Priority health issues (2020)
This community health board noted the following priority health issues in 2020, and is specifically addressing the starred issues in its community health improvement plan.
- Access to health care services
- Aging population
- * Economic stability (poverty, employment, food security, housing stability)
- Education (high school graduation, educational attainment, early childhood education)
- * Mental health
- Neighborhood and built environment (quality of housing, transportation access, access to healthy foods, neighborhood crime and safety)
- * Parenting-family systems
- * Physical activity
- * Social connectedness
- Substance use: General
Community health improvement plan
A community health improvement plan guides a community health board and its community partners on work to improve the health of its population.