Local Public Health and Refugee Resettlement Agency Forum
The Art of Refugee Health: Creatively Moving Forward Together
A time to network and continue to support our new and established refugee communities.
Thursday, January 30, 2020
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Shoreview Community Center, Shoreview Room
4580 Victoria St. N.
Shoreview, MN 55126
- Local Public Health – metro and Greater Minnesota
- Refugee Resettlement Agency case managers and program managers
- Clinic staff providing health care for new refugee arrivals
- Community organizations supporting refugees to access health care
- Art as an expression of culture, connection, welcome, and belonging
- Legal and system changes and clarifications re: rights, benefits, and services
- Health and social support to address isolation, emotional health, and social connectedness among older refugees
- Highlights of successful community driven health programs
- Panel: Congolese community in Minnesota
- Challenges and opportunities of work, housing, and social connections for new arrivals in rural Minnesota
- Trauma and its effects on individuals, families, and communities – what to look for and how to help
Thanks to the Planning Committee Members from: Anoka County Public Health, Dakota County Public Health, Hennepin County Public Health, International Institute of Minnesota, Minnesota Council of Churches, Lutheran Social Services, Nicollet County Public Health, and Ottertail County Public Health.