Legionellosis (Legionella) Information for Hot Tub Owners and Operators
- CDC Healthy Swimming for Residential Pool and Hot Tub Owners
This site provides information for residential pool and hot tub owners.
- CDC: Facts About Legionella and Hot Tubs/Spas (PDF)
Information for the public about legionella, how it spreads in hot tubs, hot to protect yourself and others, how to test water, and questions you can ask hot tub operators.
Public Hot Tubs:
- CDC: Operating Public Hot Tubs (PDF)
Fact sheet about hot tub safety measures.
- CDC: Legionnaires' Disease Prevention: Making a Splash with Safe Water (PDF)
Information for resort and hotel owners and managers about legionella and guest and employee safety, and steps you can take.
- CDC: Healthy Swimming for Aquatics Professionals
This site provides information about the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and management of public aquatic venues.
Guidance and Best Practices:
- Your Hot Tub Display May Be Harmful (PDF)
Hot tub displays at places like fairs, conventions, home and garden shows, and stores may pose a risk for Legionnaires’ disease, a type of severe pneumonia caused by inhaling mist containing Legionella bacteria. Minimize the risk for Legionella exposure from hot tub displays.