Meningococcal Disease (Neisseria meningitidis, "Bacterial Meningitis")
Meningococcal disease is an illness caused by a bacteria called Neisseria meningitidis. It often causes meningitis but it can also cause bloodstream infections, pneumonia, joint infections, and other illness.
- Meningococcal Disease Basics
Fact sheets and commonly asked questions about meningococcal disease.
- Meningococcal Information for Health Care Professionals
Information for health professionals about Meningococcal disease (Neisseria meningitidis, Bacterial Meningitis), vaccination, and reporting.
- Meningococcal Information for College Students
Information for college students about meningococcal disease and vaccine.
- Meningococcal Information for Travelers
Information for travelers about meningococcal disease and vaccine.
- Meningococcal Disease Statistics
Statistics for meningococcal disease in Minnesota.