Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist Licensing
Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist Licensing - Temporary License: Renewal
This application may be used for renewal of a temporary license for clinical fellowship/doctoral externship or persons credentialed by ASHA, ABA or other states.
You can renew a temporary license twice.
You will need to start this process 30 days before your temporary license expires.
- Complete and sign Part I of the application and the Waiver and Release form.
- Clinical fellowship/doctoral externship applicants must have a supervisor complete and sign Part II of the application.
- Make a copy of the completed forms for your records.
- ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Mail the original completed forms to the address on the form with a check or money order for the appropriate fee made payable to Minnesota Department of Health.
- Once MDH has received the completed application and fee, your money is deposited and the application will be reviewed and processed. This process takes 1-10 business days. Your approval letter and wallet card will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
- Any questions please call 651-201-4200 or email email@example.com.
Temporary License Application Form for Clinical Fellowship and/or Doctorial Externship (PDF)
Temporary License Application Form for Persons Credentialed by ASHA, ABA, or Other States (PDF)
A $30 fee will be assessed to insufficient funds payments. Applicant must resubmit with certified funds.
Fees to renew a temporary license for clinical fellowship and/or doctoral externship:
|Type of License||License Fee
One-time processing fees for those who have not yet completed a background check with MDH:
Clinical Fellowship (SLPs): $10.50
Doctoral Externship (AUDs): $13
Fees to renew a temporary license for persons credentialed by ASHA, ABA, or other states:
SLP Temporary License: $25
Audiologist Temporary License: $64
Dual (SLP and Aud): $64
All applicants for initial licensure, temporary licensure, or relicensure after a lapse in licensure must undergo an applicant background study as required by MN Statutes 144.0572. This process can take up to three weeks or longer. Please submit both applicant background study and licensing application around the same time. Your license application should be submitted at least sixty days before the expiration of your current license, so that there is not a lapse in your status.
Instructions for completing the applicant background study can be accessed at Applicant Background Study Instruction Form (PDF).
Effective January 1, 2020, all applicants for a renewal license or certificate as an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, or hearing instrument dispenser who were licensed or obtained a certificate before January 1, 2018, must submit an applicant background study.