Medical Cannabis Qualifying Conditions
Only patients who are legal Minnesota residents and have been diagnosed with one of the qualifying conditions are eligible to receive medical cannabis in Minnesota.
- Cancer associated with severe/chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting
- Tourette Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Seizures, including those characteristic of Epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness, with a probable life expectancy of less than one year*
- Intractable pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic pain (effective Aug. 2020)
*To qualify for the program, you must suffer from cancer or a terminal illness with a probable life expectancy of under one year, if your illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain; nausea or severe vomiting; or Cachexia or severe wasting.
- Chapter 311 - S.F. No. 2470
Subd 14 Qualifying medical condition.