Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening Training
The Minnesota Departments of Health (MDH), Education (MDE), and Human Services (DHS) periodically offer trainings for programs and staff that provide developmental and social-emotional screening services for Minnesota children.
Training Resources and Materials
Training Toolkit: Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening and Referral
This is a training curriculum resource for Minnesota's public screening programs to provide staff training on early childhood developmental and social-emotional screening, referral, and linkage to services. Refer to Instructions for more information.
- Instructions (PDF)
- Slides (PowerPoint, with notes)
- Accessible Notes - content from notes section of PowerPoint slides (Word)
Web-based training Modules
- Child and Teen Checkups Web-based Training Modules can be found on the C&TC Online Training web page. This includes Child and Teen Checkups Modules on Hearing, Vision and Developmental and Social-Emotional Screening for Clinics.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE) full-day, partial-day in-person trainings or webinars are available periodically through MDH's Maternal Child Health Section. For current training listings, refer to the MDH's Learning Center.
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) in-person trainings are available statewide. To make a request for a C&TC training or to view training descriptions, refer to the C&TC Training Information webpage.