Last Updated: 08/03/2022
Preventive Health Care for Children, Teens and Young Adults
Child and Teen Checkups
- Screening information for families and providers, training information, and screening standards.
Developmental and Social-Emotional/Mental Health Screening
- Information and screening tools for ages 0-5 years. Refer to C&TC Fact Sheets for information on mental health screening for 6 to 21 years and postpartum depression.
- Requirements and recommendations for vision screening in clinics and schools, including pass/refer criteria.
- Requirements and recommendations for hearing screening, including pass/refer criteria.
- Resources for providing immunizations and immunization schedules.
Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Follow-up on cases, home inspection, and help coordinate repairs with lead hazards.
- Resources to help identify, treat, and prevent the spread of tuberculosis (TB).
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Resources and information on prevention, identification and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Information for families, providers and home birth practitioners about newborn screening.
- Prevent and control dental diseases and promote oral health.