Find My Immunization Record - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Find My Immunization Record

The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) is an immunization information system (IIS) that combines a person's immunizations into a single record, even if they were given by different health care providers in the state.

Expand All    Contract All

To request your or your child's MIIC record complete a MIIC Immunization Record Request. Requests will be processed in the order they are received.

A parent or legal guardian can request records for children under the age of 18 years. Individuals over the age of 18 years old must request their own record. You cannot request a record for your spouse/partner.

MDH cannot provide a replacement CDC COVID-19 vaccine card. If you lost your COVID-19 vaccine card, you can request a copy of your immunization record, which includes the same information as the vaccine card, by completeing the request form above.

Need assistance?

  • If you need assistance in another language, are unable to complete an online request, or are an out of state provider, please call the MIIC Record Request line at 651-201-3980.
  • If you have questions about record requests please email or call 651-201-3980. Questions submitted by email are answered more quickly than questions left in voicemails.
  • If you submitted the wrong information or forgot to include information when completing the online record request form, please call 651-201-3980.

We do not collect social security numbers. Requesters should not provide this information. Find more on data privacy and how immunization records get into MIIC at Data Privacy and MIIC Records.

Note: MIIC covers all ages but is more likely to contain complete immunization records for children than adults. Also, although most health care facilities submit immunization information to MIIC, not all facilities do.

  • Facilities where immunizations were given, such as your primary care clinic, neighborhood clinics, and local public health departments, may have immunization records.
  • Family records, such as baby books, may have immunization information.
  • Schools and/or child care providers, which must verify immunizations of enrollees, may be able to look up records.
  • Military records may be a source of immunization information for those who have served in the military.
  • Other state IISs; there is no national IIS. If you or your child received immunizations in other states, see a list of state and local registries on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at Contacts for IIS Immunization Records.

Note: Finding an adult's complete immunization history is often difficult. Organizations maintain records for limited period of time. If the organization does not send the immunization information to MIIC during that time we will may not have record of it.

If your MIIC record is missing immunizations that you received, you can send MDH a copy of your record to or fax a copy of your record to 1-877-771-6182. Or, ask the clinic where you received the immunizations if they can send MDH your immunization history.

If you cannot find records, we recommend speaking with your or your child's health care provider to decide what the next steps are. If you need to verify your immunization history for either an employer or school, we first recommend talking to them about their requirements.

If your provider searched MIIC for your record and could not find one, or the record is missing immunizations, it is unlikely that we will be able to find additional information.

    I moved away from Minnesota before 2002, will MIIC have my immunization information?

    • If you have lived in another state besides Minnesota prior to 2002, that information may not be available in MIIC. Immunization information is not automatically transferred from one state to another when you move. Please see CDC's Contacts for IIS Immunization Records to locate immunization records from other states.
    • If you have information that is not in MIIC, you can either send us a copy of your record via fax (1-877-771-6182) or have the IIS send it to us if possible.
    • I moved to Minnesota after I got my childhood vaccines, where can I get that information? I moved to Minnesota from another state, do you have all of my info?

      • Unless your immunization history from outside of Minnesota was provided to us, it will not be available in MIIC. Please see CDC's Contacts for IIS Immunization Records to locate the IIS for any previous states you’ve lived in.

      I was born outside of the United States and have an immunization record from my home country. Can the record be added to MIIC?

      • Yes. If you were immunized outside of the U.S., have an official copy of the immunization record, and would like the immunizations entered into MIIC, please fax the record to 1-877-771-6182 with "ATTN: MIIC Students."

      I came to the U.S. on a green card, can you help me find my immunization information?

      • Yes.
        • First, complete a MIIC immunization record request (see the top of this page).
        • Second, if you have gone through the green card/I-693 process, please also reach out directly to the civil surgeon.
          • Third, if you arrived into a state other than Minnesota, please contact your provider from that state and/or your state's IIS contact, which you can find from CDC at Contacts for IIS Immunization Records.
          • Lastly, if you are not able to find previous immunization records, you may want to contact your current health care provider for additional recommendations, including re-immunization.

      I came to the US as a refugee, can you help me find my immunization information?

      • Yes. If you entered the US and moved directly to Minnesota your immunization record may be in MIIC. Please complete a MIIC immunization record request (at the top of this page). If you entered the U.S. as a refugee and did not move directly to Minnesota, please see Contacts for IIS Immunization Records on CDC's website.
  • Most providers send MIIC information within 24 hours. We recommend asking your provider when they will send your information to MIIC.
  • Only authorized users can submit and access data in MIIC. Find more information on what types of providers can participate in MIIC, and HIPAA and FERPA protections, please visit MIIC Data Privacy.
  • Non-authorized individuals cannot log into MIIC or have access to MIIC to look up their record(s). Request your immunization record if you would like to see your immunization history
  • MIIC only contains immunization data submitted by providers who participate in MIIC. Full medical records are not stored in MIIC and MIIC staff cannot retrieve that documentation for you. More information can be found on at Medical Records Information.

Updated Thursday, 10-Jun-2021 11:38:44 CDT