- Asbestos Home
- Did You Know
- Find a Contractor or Consultant
- Floor Tile Removal
- Homeowner Information
- Look up Personal Licenses
- Minnesota Statutes and Rules
- Online Abatement Notification
- Products Containing Asbestos
- Work Practices
- Contact us
Environmental Health Division
Last Updated: 10/30/2023
- Please send separate payments for lead and asbestos fees.
- MDH cannot process payments that combine fees for lead and asbestos.
- MDH will return applications submitted with payments that combine fees for asbestos and lead.
- Individual Asbestos Certification Application (PDF)
Use this form to apply for asbestos worker, site supervisor, inspector, project designer, or management planner certification. Use this application for initial, renewal, and duplicate certification.
- Asbestos Contractor License Application (PDF)
Use this form to apply for an asbestos contractor license.
- Asbestos Training Course Permit Application (PDF)
Use this form to apply for a training course permit at least 60 calendar days in advance of holding the course.
- Asbestos Training Course Notification (PDF)
Training course providers must notify MDH 14 calendar days before the course begins with this form.
- Notification of Asbestos-related Work (PDF)
Use this form to notify MDH of regulated asbestos work at least calendar five days before the project begins. Use this form for initial notifications, amendments, and cancellations. If amending a notification, check "Amended" at the top of the form, change the necessary information, and then circle or highlight the new information so MDH can readily identify it.
- Asbestos Air Monitoring Notification (PDF)
Asbestos contractors performing only air monitoring for a project must complete and submit this form to MDH.
- Asbestos Training Course Daily Sign-In Log (PDF)
Training course providers must provide MDH a list of students within 48 hours of the completion of the course with this form.
- MDH asbestos abatement project checklist (PDF)
This is a checklist to help contractors comply with the Asbestos Abatement Act and Rules (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 326 and Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4620).