- Health Equity Home
- Capacity Building Requests
- Initiatives and Projects
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative
- Funding Opportunities
- Student Internships
- Reports and Publications
- HEAL Council
- About Us
- Contact Us
Community Solutions Advisory Council
The Community Solutions Advisory (CSA) Council advises MDH on the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grant program. The CSA Council is charged with:
- Guiding MDH in developing the request for proposals for the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grants while considering how the grants can build on communities’ capacity to promote child and family well-being.
- Reviewing applications for the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grants and making recommendations to MDH about which applicants should be funded.
- Collaborating with MDH to create a transparent and objective accountability and evaluation process focused on the outcomes Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grantees are working to achieve.
- Advising MDH on ongoing oversight of the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grant program.
- Supporting MDH on other racial equity and early childhood grant efforts as appropriate.
As outlined in 2019 Minn. Laws 1st Special Session Chap. 9, Art. 11, Sec. 107, Subd. 3, the CSA Council is a 12-member council with two members representing the African heritage community, two members representing the Latino/Hispanic community, two members representing the Asian-Pacific Islander community, and two members representing the American Indian community. Two members are parents of children under 9 years of age who are American Indian or children of color. One member has research or academic expertise in racial equity and healthy child development. One member represents an organization that advocates on behalf of communities of color or American Indians. At least three of the 12 CSA Council members come from outside the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Etonde Awaah
- Betty Emarita
- Sommer Green
- Brook LaFloe
- Ying Lee
- May Losloso
- Carolina De La Rosa Mateo
- John Poupart
- Miguel Valdez-Soto
- Jessica Velasco
Members are asked to serve a minimum of two years, and may serve up to two 2-year terms. The CSA Council is expected to meet from fiscal year 2020 through fiscal year 2024.
These CSA Council meetings are held virtually on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
- Tuesday, October 8, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Monday, October 21, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Thursday, November 7, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Wednesday, November 20, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Tuesday, February 4, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Tuesday, February 18, 3:30-5:30 p.m. - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Tuesday, March 3, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 17, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
For more information about the CSA Council, please contact us at 651-201-5813 or firstname.lastname@example.org.