Community Solutions Advisory Council
The Community Solutions Advisory (CSA) Council will advise MDH on the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grant program. The CSA Council will:
- Guide MDH in developing the request for proposals for the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grants. The Council will consider how the grants can build on communities’ capacity to promote child and family well-being.
- Review applications for the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grants and make recommendations to MDH about which applicants should be funded.
- Collaborate with MDH to create a transparent and objective accountability and evaluation process focused on the outcomes Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grantees are working to achieve.
- Advise MDH on ongoing oversight of the Community Solutions for Healthy Child Development grant program.
- Support MDH on other racial equity and early childhood grant efforts as appropriate.
As outlined in Minnesota statute, the CSA Council is a 12-member council with two members representing the African heritage community, two members representing the Latino/Hispanic community, two members representing the Asian-Pacific Islander community, and two members representing the American Indian community. Two members are parents of children under 9 years of age who are American Indian or children of color. One member has research or academic expertise in racial equity and healthy child development. One member represents an organization that advocates on behalf of communities of color or American Indians. At least three of the 12 CSA Council members come from outside the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Etonde Awaah
- Erika Boelk
- Betty Emarita
- Sommer Green
- Carri Jones
- Brook LaFloe
- Ying Lee
- May Losloso
- John Poupart
- Chong Thao
- Luisa Trapero
- Dr. Kenneth Turner Jr.
Members are asked to serve a minimum of two years, and may serve up to two 2-year terms. The CSA Council is expected to meet from fiscal year 2020 through fiscal year 2024.
These CSA Council meetings are held at Neighborhood House (179 Robie St E, St. Paul MN 55107) with options for participating remotely.
- Tuesday, October 8, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Monday, October 21, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Thursday, November 7, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 20, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 4, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 18, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 3, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 17, 3:30-5:30 pm
For more information about the CSA Council, please contact Helen Jackson Lockett-El at 651-201-5801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.