Farm to School Resources
Information You Can Use
- National Farm to School Network offers information about buying, preparing and serving local foods.
- MN Grown Directory: Find local producers who market to restaurants, schools, grocers and other wholesale accounts.
- University of Minnesota Extension Farm to School website: Get information on Farm to School plus a variety of tools and resources.
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture AGRI Farm to School grants: Learn about funding opportunities for Minnesota school districts that want to process and serve Minnesota-grown food.
- Minnesota Food Code Fact Sheets
- Healthy Food, Safe Food - University of Minnesota Extension: A plan of action that outlines strategies to address regulatory barriers to improving access to healthy foods, while maintaining and enhancing food safety.
- Farm to School: Growing Our Future: A documentary that explores the economic advantages and remaining challenges for businesses, farms, schools and communities as we work together to improve our children’s health and education.
- Farm to School Leadership Team infographic: Learn about the state's Farm to School Leadership Team along with data about Minnesota school participation rates and economic benefits of Farm to School.
- Why Farm to School? An online training series, created by the University of Minnesota Extension, for food service professionals.