Public Health Nursing Practice Council
The Public Health Nursing Practice Council (or PHN Practice Council) is a collaborative effort between local health department PHN experts and MDH PHN Consultants, which addresses nursing practice issues collectively and systematically in order to develop recommended PHN practice guidelines and tools for PHNs to reference and utilize within PHN practice.
Discussion Topics: Every other month, the PHN Practice Council invites public health nurses around the state to engage in discussions about different topics in public health nursing practice.
- 2020: The public health nurse workforce in Minnesota: Making informed decisions about hiring public health nurses and other professionals (PDF)
- Revised 2019: Public Health Interventions: Applications for Nursing Practice, 2nd Ed. (Wheel Manual)
- Revised 2017: Public Health Nurse Orientation and Resource Guide (revised 2017)
- 2016: Relevant Challenges and Considerations for PHN Practice (PDF)
- 2011: PHN Practice Council Charter (PDF)
Public Health Nurse Consultants: Public Health Nurse Consultants, members of the MDH Center for Public Health Practice, offer consultation and technical assistance in a defined geographic area for the purpose of promoting and maintaining a strong public health infrastructure.