Public health nursing tools and resources
MDH public health system consultants engage public health nurses (PHNs) around Minnesota in discussions about public health practice issues, in order to develop practice tools and resources.
Discussion topics in PHN practice: Every other month, MDH staff invite PHNs around the state to engage in discussions about different topics in PHN practice. Read past editions and subscribe for updates.
Public health system consultants: MDH public health system consultants, members of the MDH Center for Public Health Practice, offer consultation and technical assistance in a defined geographic area for the purpose of promoting and maintaining a strong public health infrastructure.
- Public Health Interventions: Applications for Nursing Practice, 2nd Ed. (Wheel Manual)
- Public health leader orientation and resource guide (revised 2022)
- Public health nurse orientation and resource guide (revised 2017)
- The public health nurse workforce in Minnesota: Making informed decisions about hiring public health nurses and other professionals (PDF)
- Relevant challenges and considerations for PHN practice (PDF)