Public Health Nursing Tools and Resources
Public health system consultants: MDH public health system consultants, members of the MDH Center for Public Health Practice, offer consultation and technical assistance in a defined geographic area to promote and maintain a strong public health infrastructure.
- PHN Residency Program for nurses new to public health practice
- Public Health Interventions: Applications for Nursing Practice, 2nd Ed. (Wheel Manual)
- Public Health Leader Orientation and Resource Guide (revised 2022)
- The public health nurse workforce in Minnesota: Making informed decisions about hiring public health nurses and other professionals (PDF)
- Relevant challenges and considerations for PHN practice (PDF)