Study of Telehealth Expansion
Minnesota Study of Telehealth Expansion and Payment Parity: Technical Advisory Group
MDH is convening a group of subject matter experts as a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to the Minnesota Study of Telehealth Expansion and Payment Parity. The TAG will provide strategic and technical advice to MDH as it studies the impact of telehealth policies on Minnesotans through a lens of quality, access, and affordability, with special attention to the impacts on Minnesota’s communities of color, the disabled community, and on rural residents.
The TAG will be comprised of members who represent perspectives of Minnesota health care users, providers, payers, and researchers.
Role of the TAG
The TAG will provide input to MDH and its contractors on the design and analysis of the telehealth study. TAG members will be asked to lend their expertise on topics, including research questions, study design and materials, interpreting findings, and final recommendations.
Review the TAG Charter for more information.
- Sue Abderholden, MPH—Executive Director
- NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Jean Abraham, PhD—Professor and Interim Division Head-Division of Health Policy and Management
- University of Minnesota—School of Public Health
- Karen Amezcua—Sr. Director of Provider Partnerships
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Barbara Andreasen—Telehealth and Regional Development Director
- Allina Health
- Alicia Bauman, MBA—Vice President of Community & Population Health
- Lakewood Health System
- Leo Bay, DO FAAFP—Family Medicine/Physician Informatics
- Essentia Health
- Bentley Graves—Director of Health Care and Transportation Policy
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Jeremy Hanson Willis—Chief Executive Officer
- Rainbow Health
- Ryan Jelinek, DO—Medical Director of Telemedicine and Access
- Hennepin Healthcare
- Cara McNulty, DPA—President of Behavioral Health and Mental Well-being
- CVS Health/Aetna
- Jonathan Neufeld, PhD—Program Director & Principal Investigator
- Great Plains Telehealth Resource & Assistance Center (gpTRAC)
- Institute for Health Informatics, University of Minnesota
- Carrie Suplick Benton, MPH, MPP—Senior Health Care Analyst
- Management and Budget, SEGIP
TAG meeting dates
The TAG will meet virtually; twice in 2022 and bimonthly in 2023. Meeting agendas and summaries will be shared publicly on this page.
November 1, 2022:
November 29, 2022:
February 3, 2023:
March 31, 2023:
OR join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 United States Toll
1-855-282-6330 United States Toll Free
Signup for public comment. Form closes at 5 p.m. Thursday, March 30.
Upcoming meetings will be held virtually (unless indicated otherwise) from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on:
- May 19, 2023
- July 14, 2023
- September 8, 2023
- November 3, 2023
- January 5, 2024
Stay up to date
If you would like to receive updates about the study in your email inbox, please subscribe to receive notifications from the MDH Health Economics Program.