Sage Cancer Screening
- Sage Cancer Screening Home
- About Sage
- Resources for Patients
- Get Screened
- Sage Stories
- Sage Videos
About Sage Screening Programs
The Sage Program will be implementing several changes to program eligibility that will go into effect Feb. 1, 2024. For more information, visit Sage Program Changes: Frequently Asked Questions.
The Sage Screening Programs help keep Minnesotans healthy by improving access to breast and cervical cancer screening.
Sage helps low-income Minnesotans or those who do not have adequate insurance to access breast and cervical cancer screening, diagnostic services (if screening tests are abnormal) and referral to treatment services.
The Sage Program:
- Pays for screening and diagnostic services at participating locations for people who qualify.
- Maintains a Call Center, staffed by a diverse staff of patient navigators, some multi-lingual. Navigators answer calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and assist callers with program eligibility, identifying, and addressing barriers to screening, scheduling appointments, and providing referrals to appropriate resources.
- Hosts screening events, many offering mobile mammography, and conducts targeted outreach. Both aim to recruit and enroll patients into the Sage Programs.
Since its inception in 1991, Sage has:
- Served 173,013 clients for breast and cervical cancer
- Completed 667,916 cycles of breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostics
- Diagnosed 3,128 cases of breast cancer
- Diagnosed 124 cases of cervical cancer
Since 1991, the Sage provider network has grown to over 450 clinic sites across Minnesota, providing breast and cervical cancer screening to more than 170,000 patients.
These services are part of the CDC's National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP), which has served more than four million women since the program began. Sage also receives State of Minnesota funds that support screening and diagnostic services.
The Sage Program has a wide network of partners that work together to reduce the burden of cancer by providing access to and promoting breast and cervical cancer screening services for Minnesota’s uninsured and underinsured population.
Sage Program contacts
- Sage Main Line: 651-201-5600
- Billing Line: 651-201-5630
- Fax: 1-877-495-7545
- Call Center: 1-888-643-2584
Contact Sage: email@example.com.