What to report
Cyclosporiasis (Cyclospora spp.) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Cyclosporiasis Case Definitions, CDC
Case definition from CDC's National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS) for Cyclosporiasis.
How to report Cyclosporiasis
- Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form
The Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form can be used to report this disease.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Submitting clinical materials
For Cyclosporiasis, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.
- Clinical Materials
Clinical materials must be submitted according to these guidelines.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Cyclosporiasis
- Parasites – Cyclosporiasis (Cyclospora Infection)
Information from the CDC on Cyclosporiasis.