Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus or “staph”)
Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus or “staph”) is the leading cause of skin and soft tissue infections such as abscesses (boils), furuncles, and cellulitis.
- About Staphylococcus aureus
Staphylococcus aureus facts, including how S. aureus is spread, common symptoms and complications.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus
Diagnosis and treatment basics.
- Preventing Staphylococcus aureus Transmission
Learn how to minimize your risk of Staphylococcus aureus infection.
- Care of a Staphylococcus aureus Infection
Learn how take care of a Staphylococcus aureus infection, including how to properly change the bandages.
- Antimicrobial-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
An increasing number of patients are being seen with skin infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria that are resistant to many antibiotics.
MRSA | VISA and VRSA
- Staphylococcus aureus Statistics
Statistics fro MRS and Staphylococcus aureus , including the Annual Summary of Communicable Diseases Reported to the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Staph and MRSA Information for Schools
Commonly asked questions that will help parents and school officials prevent the spread of Staph and MRSA in schools.
- Staph and MRSA Information for Correctional Facilities
Guidelines, resources, and information for correctional facilities.
- Staph and MRSA Information for Health Professionals
Guidelines, resources, and other clinical information; information for laboratories on diagnosis and treatment; required reporting information.
MRSA|CA-MRSA|HA-MRSA|VISA and VRSA
- Print Materials
Fact sheets, booklets, brochures, flyers, and other materials that you can print and use.