STD Information for Health Professionals
- FAQs about STD and HIV Reporting
Health care providers and clinical laboratories are required to report cases to MDH. Forms, frequently asked questions, and more information about the Minnesota law.
Confidential STD Case Report Form | HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Forms
- Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT)
Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) is the practice of treating sex partners of persons with STDs in the absence of medical evaluation or prevention counseling.
CDC: STI Treatment Guidelines
The STI Treatment Guidelines are also available as a mobile app for download on both Apple and Android. Check out your device’s app store for more information.
- COVID-19 response: updated guidance about sexually transmitted disease services in Minnesota, May 2020.
- STD Clinical Consultation Network
The National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers offers free online STD clinical consultation.
- HIV: Information for Health Professionals
Health notices, information on reporting and treating HIV, and other tools and resources.
STD, HIV, and Hepatitis Risk Assessment
Integrated risk assessment tool for health and social service providers.
- Revised Syphilis Screening Recommendations for Pregnant Women (PDF)
MDH letter to prenatal, perinatal, and pediatric health care providers. February 15, 2019