Managed Care Regulation
The Managed Care Systems Section of the Minnesota Department of Health licenses and regulates Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and County-Based Purchasers (CBPs). Regulation helps to ensure that your health plan company follows all applicable laws and rules governing financial solvency, quality of care, access to services, complaints, appeals and other consumer rights.
The Managed Care Section also reviews Networks, Service Area and Essential Community Provider requirements for MNSure. We also provide information that may assist you in making decisions about your health insurance and your rights as a health plan company member. Click on the links below to view frequently asked questions, information, pamphlets and brochures that may be of interest.
- Unauthorized Provider Services Arbitration
Essential Community Providers
- Essential Community Providers
- HMO Annual Reporting
Health Plan Info
- Health Plan Information - Minnesota Plan Listings
- Health Maintenance Organization Licensure
Mental Health Parity
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity: Know Your Benefits
Provider Network Adequacy
- Provider Network Adequacy
Quality, Financial and Enrollment Stats
- Health Plan Reports and Results