Doula Certifying Organizations
In 2021, the Minnesota Legislature authorized the Commissioner to review and designate Doula Certification Organizations (Minnesota Statutes 148.9965).
Organizations that certify doulas may be added to the list of designated Doula Certification Organizations maintained by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and with the State Register in order for their certified doulas to apply for inclusion on the MDH Doula Registry.
Doula organizations interested in being designated as a Doula Certification Organization in Minnesota should fill out the Request to be Designated as a Doula Certification Organization (PDF) and submit it via email to email@example.com.
List of current Doula Certification Organizations
The organizations listed below are currently recognized by MDH as Doula Certification Organizations:
- AlloTribe Training Academy dba Allo Doula Academy
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA)
- Childbirth International
- Commonsense Childbirth, Inc.
- Community Aware Birthworker
- DONA International (DONA) (Listed in statute as Doulas of North America)
- International Childbirth Education Association
- International Doula Institute
- Modern Doula Education (MDE)
- or an organization designated by the commissioner under Minnesota Statutes 148.995.
- International Center for Traditional Childbearing
- Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators (ALACE)