Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine Program
MDH, with federal funding, provides vaccine to about 180 sites throughout the state for uninsured and underinsured adults (19 years and older). This program is referred to as the Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine (UUAV) program.
Policies, Provider Agreement, and Annual Report
At time of site visit (every 24 months)
- 2019-2021 UUAV Program Provider Agreement
All sites need to submit a signed UUAV program provider agreement every 24 months at the time of their MnVFC site visit. You can save the agreement at any time and come back to it. Be sure to save the return code if you choose this option.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine (UUAV) Program Policies and Procedures (PDF)
Instructions for participating in the UUAV program. Review this document prior to signing the UUAV program provider agreement.
Annual requirements (due by November 30 each year)
- 2020 UUAV Program Annual Report of Doses Administered to Adult Patients
Complete and sign by November 30 each year.
- Order vaccine through the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC).
- 2019-20 UUAV Adult Influenza Vaccine Ordering Form
- Additional UUAV influenza vaccine is available to order for the 2019-20 season. Use the link above to request additional doses.
- We are shipping UUAV influenza vaccine to sites as soon as we receive doses from the manufacturers. If you have not received your UUAV doses and have private stock influenza vaccine on hand, you may use private stock influenza vaccine for eligible adults and replace it when UUAV vaccine becomes available.
- Patient Eligibility Screening Record (PDF)
Screening record for the UUAV program.
- UUAV Billing Guidance
Sites enrolled in the UUAV program can refer to this guidance for billing purposes.
- Vaccine Management Forms
Returning nonviable vaccine, vaccine transfer record and the vaccine restitution appeal forms.
- Vaccination Clinics Serving Uninsured and Underinsured Adults
Search for clinics that offer free or low-cost vaccine for qualifying uninsured and underinsured adults.
- Minnesota Department of Health Vaccine Programs (PDF)
This flyer provides an overview of the two different vaccine programs offered through MDH.