Minnesota WIC Similac Formula Recall Information
Return any recalled formula you purchased with your WIC card to the store where you bought it. Many stores are offering substitutions.
Contact your WIC Local Agency with questions or concerns.
Check if your formula is part of the recall:
- Check your formula’s lot number: Product Lookup (similacrecall.com)
- You can also call 1-800-986-8540.
The FDA is advising consumers not to use Similac, Alimentum or EleCare powdered infant formulas if all of the following are true:
- The first two digits of the code are 22 through 37 AND
- The code on the container contains K8, SH, or Z2, AND
- The expiration date is 4-1-2022 (APR 2022) or later.
Similac PM 60/40 Recall:
Abbott expanded the recall February 28, to include Similac PM 60/40 with a lot code 27032K80 (can) / 27032K800 (case). At this time, Similac PM 60/40 with lot code 27032K80 (can) / 27032K800 (case) are the only type and lots of this specialty formula being recalled.
The following formulas are NOT included in this recall:
- All concentrated liquids and ready to feeds
Other Recall Information
- If you have questions about how to safely prepare formula for your child, contact your health care provider.
- View the FDA Announcement for more information and photos about how to identify recalled container codes and expiration dates.