WIC and Health Care Providers
As a healthcare provider, you are a key partner in assisting WIC participants make healthy choices. We value your partnership and look forward to working with you! Please let us know how we can be helpful.
Refer a Family to WIC
- Use the Referral Form - Minnesota WIC to refer a family, or send measurements (height/weight and hemoglobin), electronically.
- Use the Medical Data Form - Minnesota WIC (WORD - printable) to provide measurements.
Request a Medical Formula
- Medical Formula Documentation Form (PDF)
- The WIC Program requires a medical diagnosis to provide exempt infant formula, medical foods, and contract formula for children ≥1 year. This form can be used to submit the request for WIC approval.
- Minnesota WIC Formulary and Medical Reasons for Issuance (PDF)
- Minnesota WIC Medical Formula Amounts Guide (PDF)
- Participant must be income eligible:
- Participants must be women, infants or children:
- Pregnant women.
- Breastfeeding women up to 1 year postpartum.
- Postpartum women up to 6 months postpartum.
- Infants up to 1 year old.
- Children 1 year old up to 5 years old.
- WIC participants must live in Minnesota to receive MN WIC benefits.
- WIC participants do NOT needs to be a U.S. citizen.
- WIC participants usually receive benefits in the county where they live.
- WIC food packages are, per USDA: "designed to improve the nutrition and health of the nation’s low-income pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children by providing more healthy choices to meet their needs during critical periods of growth and development."
- Final Rule: Revisions in the WIC Food Packages
Contact UsTo call the State Office: 800-657-3942 or 651-201-4404.
- Submit a Questions & Feedback form to the MN WIC Program's State Office. Indicate if you want someone from the State Office to contact you.
- Use the WIC Outreach Materials Order Form to order WIC posters, brochures, handouts, and magnets.
Reports & Data
- Minnesota WIC Facts
- Annual initiation and duration reports, fact sheets, and maps.
- Annual reports and maps on anemia in MN WIC infants (>8 months old), children 1 to 5 years old, and women.
- Annual reports, fact sheets, and maps on obesity and overweight status in MN WIC children aged 2-5 and women.
- Weight Status
- Data on obesity in Minnesota adults.
- Obesity: Facts and Figures
- Interactive maps, charts, and queries on multiple health and environment topics.
- Minnesota Public Health Data Access Portal
- A compilation of public health data for Minnesota and its 87 counties. WIC data are found under the Morbidity section in 2011 and later. In 2010 and prior years, WIC data are found in Demographics.
- Minnesota County Health Tables