- Biomonitoring Home
- About Biomonitoring
- Biomonitoring Projects
- Biomonitoring Reports
- Advisory Panel
- Biomonitoring and Tracking Legislation
Environmental Health Division
MN Biomonitoring Reports
Healthy kids minnesota
The Healthy Rural and Urban Kids Project measured chemicals in preschool-aged children living in Minnesota rural and urban communities in the summer of 2018. For the project’s background and all findings, read the full Community Report:
Healthy Rural and Urban Kids Community Report (PDF), English
Healthy Rural and Urban Kids Community Report (PDF), Somali
Healthy Rural and Urban Kids Community Report (PDF), Spanish
Healthy Rural and Urban Kids Community Report (PDF), Hmong
Minnesota Family Environmental Exposure Tracking (MN FEET) study
The biomonitoring program published a community report in 2019:
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), English
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Somali
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Spanish
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Hmong
More information can be found on our MN FEET page.
East metro PFAS biomonitoring projects
- Report to the Community 2015 (PDF) with results from third biomonitoring project
- Report to the Community 2011 (PDF) with results from second biomonitoring project: results from blood testing and survey responses (2013) (PDF)
- Reports to the Community 2009 (PDF) with results from first biomonitoring project: results from blood testing and blood v. water levels 2010 (PDF)
Vermiculite health study in northeast Minneapolis community
Publications in scientific journals
- Landsteiner A, Huset C, Johnson J, Williams A. Biomonitoring for perfluorochemicals in a Minnesota community with known drinking water contamination. J Environ Health. 2014 Dec;77(5):14-9.
- Nelson JW, Edhlund BL, Johnson J, Rosebush CE, Holmquist ZS, Swan SH, Nguyen RH. Assessing a New Method for Measuring Fetal Exposure to Mercury: Newborn Bloodspots. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016 Jul 9;13(7).
Please contact the Minnesota Biomonitoring Program at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like access to journal articles requiring a subscription, results summaries for past MN Biomonitoring past projects, or legislative reports prior to 2017.