MN Biomonitoring Reports
Minnesota Family Environmental Exposure Tracking (MN FEET) study
The biomonitoring program published a community report in 2019:
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), English
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Somali
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Spanish
MN FEET Community Report (PDF), Hmong
More information can be found on our MN FEET page.
Central Sands Community Health ProfileThe Minnesota Department of Health developed this community health profile in response to health concerns in a six-county region of North Central Minnesota (the “Central Sands” region). Community members and local and tribal health voiced these concerns in MDH’s 2016 visit to the area. The six counties included in this report are: Becker, Hubbard, Morrison, Todd, Wadena and Otter Tail.
East Metro PFAS Biomonitoring Projects
- Report to the Community 2015, (PDF) with results from third biomonitoring project
- Report to the Community 2011, (PDF) with results from second biomonitoring project: results from blood testing and survey responses (2013, PDF)
- Reports to the Community (2009, PDF) with results from first biomonitoring project: results from blood testing and blood v. water levels (2010, PDF).
Publications in scientific journals
- Landsteiner A, Huset C, Johnson J, Williams A. Biomonitoring for perfluorochemicals in a Minnesota community with known drinking water contamination. J Environ Health. 2014 Dec;77(5):14-9.
- Nelson JW, Edhlund BL, Johnson J, Rosebush CE, Holmquist ZS, Swan SH, Nguyen RH. Assessing a New Method for Measuring Fetal Exposure to Mercury: Newborn Bloodspots. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016 Jul 9;13(7).
Please contact the Minnesota Biomonitoring Program at email@example.com if you would like access to journal articles requiring a subscription, results summaries for past MN Biomonitoring pilot projects, or legislative reports prior to 2017.