Physical Activity Resources
Information You Can Use
- The National Physical Activity Plan is a comprehensive set of policies, programs and initiatives that aim to increase physical activity.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides information on physical activity, including the importance of physical activity, recommendations and guidelines, measuring physical activity intensity, physical activity terms and other resources.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services identifies interventions that have been proven effective through a rigorous review of existing scientific literature.
- The National Physical Activity Society represents the physical activity interests of the public health community.
- U.S. Surgeon General's National Call to Action on Walking aims to increase walking across the U.S. by calling for access to safe and convenient places to walk and wheelchair roll for people of all ages and abilities.
- Move Your Way provides tools and resources on physical activity recommendations and tips for fitting more activity into the day.
- Inclusive Walk Audit Facilitator's Guide
- Minnesota Walks (PDF) includes tools for creating safe, convenient and desirable walking and rolling for all.
- Let's Go for a Walk (PDF) is a planning tool for a walkable community. (To order print copies, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MnDOT Pedestrian and Bicycle counts
- Minnesota Pedestrian Laws
- Design and infrastructure planning: Technical resources from MnDOT to design a walk friendly environment.
- Sidewalk Repair Funding Guide (PDF)
- Sidewalk Snow Clearing Guide (PDF)
- Walk! Bike! Fun! Get details about Minnesota's pedestrian and bicycle safety curriculum
- Moving Matters Toolkit
- Active Recess Videos: These training videos can help jump-start your work and train new staff on practices they can use to ensure an active, safe and fun recess for all.
- Getting Started with Safe Routes to School
- Mindful Movement: Brooklyn Center Community Schools has produced a video training series for mindful movement in the school setting.