Last Updated: 10/03/2022
About 1 in 5 adults in Minnesota report having arthritis. Arthritis affects the joints and can cause chronic pain or stiffness. Some forms of arthritis affect the immune system, such as juvenile arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
There is no cure for arthritis, but arthritis-appropriate physical activity can relieve symptoms and support quality of life. The MDH Arthritis Program is dedicated to improving the lives of Minnesotans with arthritis.
- Types of arthritis, symptoms and ways to manage the condition.
Walk with Ease
- This walking program can help people with arthritis or joint pain move more and manage their symptoms.
Arthritis and Physical Activity
- Physical activity can help relieve arthritis pain and improve quality of life.
Let's Walk Minnesota!
- Marketing, engagement and communications resources to promote walking in the community.
Arthritis Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Statistics and information about arthritis in Minnesota.
- Contact and staff information for the MDH Arthritis Program.