- Asthma Home
- About Asthma
- Managing Asthma
- For Schools
- For Health Care Professionals
- For Homes
- For Communities
- For Workplaces
- Who We Are
- COVID-19 and Asthma
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways that makes breathing difficult. This site has information on how to manage it and live well with asthma, as well as resources and tools for professionals who help people with asthma.
Learn the basics about asthma and how it affects the lungs, asthma symptoms, and common asthma triggers.
- Learn how to manage your asthma on a daily basis by taking medicines that prevent (control) symptoms from developing, using inhaled (rescue) medicines when necessary, avoiding things that cause (trigger) asthma symptoms to flare up.
- State and national data, and reports.
- Clinical guidelines, asthma home-based services, asthma action plans, and other tools and resources.
- Resources for communities - posters, online educational learning.
- Resources for homeowners, renters, and landlords to support managing asthma in the home environment.
- Learn how to apply for a asthma mini grant and find information and resources for your school that will support students with asthma.
- Resources for workers, employers, and health care professionals on work-related asthma.
- About the Minnesota Department of Health Asthma Program.
- Asthma in Minnesota: A Strategic Framework 2021-2030
- Youth sport coaches! Check out our athletesandasthma.mn.gov online asthma training. Train to protect your athletes today!