The best way to prevent pertussis is for all children to be fully vaccinated on time.
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Fact sheet with general information about pertussis, including symptoms, complications, tests, and treatment.
- Pertussis: What Parents Need to Know
Fact sheet for parents of children in child care and school and other activities who have questions about pertussis.
- Tdap Vaccine: What Teens Need to Know
Fact sheet for teens about Tdap vaccine and the diseases it prevents.
- Tdap Vaccine for Pregnant Women
Tdap vaccination is recommended during each pregnancy.
- Parapertussis and Holmesii
Fact sheet about parapertussis and holmesii (which are milder forms of pertussis), including symptoms, tests, and treatment.
- Pertussis: Silence the Sounds of Pertussis
Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases (PKIDs) materials about pertussis prevention, including audio of whooping cough and a video PSA featuring actress and mother Keri Russell.
- CDC: Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
General information from the CDC about pertussis, including transmission, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. Also includes photos and kid-friendly fact sheet.