Tuberculosis (TB) Basics
Definitions of disease, symptoms, prevention, informational materials, and more.
- Active TB Disease
General information about active TB disease including symptoms, complications, tests, and treatment.
- Fight TB: Know the signs and symptoms (PDF)
Information to help educate patients and community members at increased risk of MDR TB due to the current outbreak in the east metro region.
- Home Respiratory Precautions for Patients with Potentially Infectious Tuberculosis
Information to help prevent the spread of tuberculosis (TB) for patients who are potentially infectious.
- Instructions for Collecting Sputum for TB
- TB Contact Investigations
- TB Skin Test (Mantoux)
- Treatment for Latent TB Infection (LTBI)
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection Isoniazid and Rifapentine (INH-RPT)
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection: Levofloxacin
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection: Moxifloxacin
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection: Rifampin
- Tuberculosis (TB) Blood Test (IGRA)
TB and One Man's Story
- TB and One Man's Story: Hmong Video
The video is in Hmong with English subtitles.
This 5-minute video describes one man's story of MDR-TB including how TB is transmitted, the symptoms and treatment, as well as working health professionals and public health to identify others who may have been exposed. This video addresses the importance of getting treated for tuberculosis and being healthy to protect family, friends and community.
- TB and One Man's Story: Somali Video
The video is in Somali and comes with an English translation of the script. To order a video free of charge, please fill out the TB and One Man's Story DVD Request
This 26-minute video addresses fears and stigma associated with TB in the Somali culture, describes the symptoms of TB disease, explains how TB is transmitted, clarifies the difference between TB disease and latent TB infection, and stresses the importance of working with physicians and other health professionals in order to be treated for and cured from TB.
Tuberculosis, Germs, and Medicine
The video is in Hmong with English subtitles. Video produced by Public Health Madison and Dane County, WI that provides information about treatment for TB.
Latent Tuberculosis - It's More Common Than You Think
10 minute video presented by Dr. David Griffith, Assistant Medical Director, Heartland National TB Center.
Home Sputum Collection Video
Video produced by Public Health Madison and Dane County, Wisconsin that will show you how to provide a sputum specimen that was requested by your health care provider.
TB Awareness and Treatment ECHO-TV Program
- Developed as an educational and outreach tool for persons at elevated risk for TB, the DVD contains seven versions of a 20-minute show in the following languages: English, Hmong, Khmer, Lao, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Each version was taped using bilingual and bicultural hosts and health care providers. All non-English programs are subtitled in English. To order a video free of charge, please fill out the TB Awareness and Treatment DVD Request.
- Think TB (PDF)
Refer clients with symptoms lasting more than 2-3 weeks to a medical provider immediately. Clients with infectious TB disease should not be in group settings. 8.5" x 11" poster
- Tuberculosis (TB): Keep Your Family Healthy (PDF)
Take a simple test. TB can be prevented and cured. 11" x 17" poster in English and Hmong
- CDC: Basic TB Facts
Overview of TB from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: What TB is, how it spreads, and how it is diagnosed and treated.
- CDC: TB Information for International Travelers
Information to help advise international travelers of health risks.
- World Health Organization: Tuberculosis (TB)
- MDH: Refugee and International Health
A University of Washington site that contains translated TB patient educational materials.