Health Care Provider Information on Waterborne Illness
Required Disease Reporting
- Reporting an Infectious
Healthcare providers are required to report to the Minnesota Department of Health all confirmed or suspected cases of the following:
- Cryptosporidiosis (Cryptosporidium)
- Enteric Escherichia
(E. coli O157:H7, other enterohemorrhagic E. coli,
enteropathogenic E. coli, enteroinvasive E. coli)
- Free-living Amebic Infections (including Acanthamoeba spp., Naegleria fowleri, Balamuthia spp., Sappina spp.)
- Giardiasis (Giardia lamblia)
- Legionellosis (Legionella)
- Illness-related Restrictions for Food Workers and for Children or Staff in a Child Care or Preschool Setting
Cases are subject to restriction on child care/preschool attendance and food handling.
- Disease Control
The Minnesota Department of Health Disease Control Newsletter (DCN) has been published for over 20 years, including a yearly issue devoted to an annual summary of reported communicable diseases.
Required reporting information, clinical features, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, and other clinical information.