Injection Safety Workshop
THREE-PART RECORDED WEBINAR SERIES
By the end of the training series, you will be able to:
- Describe outbreaks that have occurred as a result of unsafe injection practices.
- Identify available resources to promote injection safety.
- Describe the correct use of single-use and multi-dose vials and IV solution bags.
- Describe the importance of strict adherence to aseptic technique for preparing and administering medication using a syringe and needle.
- Define drug diversion, describe outbreaks that have occurred as the result of these practices and lessons learned.
- Identify first steps to creating an injection safety program for education and competency testing for facility staff.
You must register for each session and complete the evaluation immediately following each recorded webinar in order to be eligible for CEUs.
- Webex Recording: Injection Safety Workshop 1 (50 minutes)
Recorded on Oct. 30, 2018
- Webex Recording: Injection Safety Workshop 2 (49 minutes)
Recorded on Nov. 6, 2018
- Webex Recording: Injection Safety Workshop 3 (42 minutes)
Recorded on Nov. 13, 2018
Please contact the MDH HAI unit at Health.HAI@state.mn.us with any questions.