Case Mix Review
MDS and RAI Information
MDS Training Opportunities at MDH: See training opportunities offered by MDH.
Nursing Home Quality Initiative - This CMS page has links on the left navigation bar to:
- Spotlight (new or highlighted information for nursing facilities)
- RAI Manual (providers need both the manual and any errata documents)
- MDS 3.0 Technical information
- MDS 3.0 Training including YouTube videos for coding MDS
- Quality Measures
MDH Training and Clarification
- Frequently-Asked Questions: Answers to common questions about the MDS 3.0 and Optional State Assessment (OSA).
- MDS 3.0 Updates and OSA Implementation Webinar
- Prevent delays in payments by correctly entering Therapy Start and End Dates (PDF) (07/2022)
- Clarification of O0100M Isolation Coding (PDF) (03/2021)
- MDS 3.0 Changes Effective October 1, 2020 (PDF) (10/2020)
- Restorative Nursing Program PowerPoint (PDF) (12/2018)
- Restorative Nursing Program Tips (PDF) (02/2015)
- Clarification regarding shortness of breath documentation (09/2016)
- CMS SNF Open Door Forum - A federal teleconference designed for skilled nursing facility staff.
- Respiratory Nurse Proficiency (PDF) - The Minnesota Case Mix Review Program will be looking for documented evidence for the proficiency of respiratory nurses. See the definition of respiratory therapy in Appendix A, page 19 of the RAI Manual.
- Section Q Webinar (12/2018)
- MDS Section Q Senior Linkage Line Slides (PDF) (12/2018)
- MDS Section Q MDH Slides (PDF) (12/2018)
Additional Provider Resources
Additional Provider Resources - Related to Payment, MDS Submission and Licensure (04/2021)