Health Regulation - Facilities and Professions
- Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing
- Facility Manager Resources
- Choosing a Facility
- Find a Provider
- Verify a Facility License or Professional Credential
- File a Complaint
- View Facility and Provider Complaint and Survey Findings
- Resident and Provider Resources
- About Health Regulation Division
Resident and Provider Resources
Patient Bill of Rights
Patient, Resident and Home Care Bill of Rights can be viewed in English, Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Russian, Laotian, Arabic, Khmer, Oromo, and Vietnamese.
Documents included are:
- Minnesota Patient Bill of Rights (Hospitals)
- Resident Bill of Rights (Nursing Homes)
- Combined Bill of Rights for Hospice
- Minnesota Hospice Bill of Rights
- Minnesota Outpatient Surgical Center Patient's Bill of Rights
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights
- Combined Bill of Rights for Home Care
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights for Assisted Living Clients
- Combined Bill of Rights for Assisted Living Clients
- Minnesota Home Care Bill of Rights for Home Care Services Exempted from Licensure
- Health Care Bill of Rights for Residents of Supervised Living Facilities
Health Care Provider Directory/Statistics
- Directory For Locating Minnesota's Health Care Providers Updated Daily
- Nursing Home Report Card
Information to help consumers select a nursing home for family members.
- Go to Minnesota's Bookstore to purchase a copy of the Directory of Licensed and Certified Health Care Facilities
- Questions and Answers About Health Care Directives - Revised October 2006
- Health Care Directives Questions and Answers (PDF) - Printable brochure to download and photocopy back-to-back. Revised March 2007
Voting and Residential Facilities
Links to information on the Secretary of State's web site about voting information for Residents and Employees of Residential Facilities.
Long Term Care Information
- Office of the Ombudsmans Long-Term Care: an independent state agency serving people needing or receiving long-term care through complaint investigation, advocacy and education.
- 2005 Quality Improvement Plan for the Nursing Facility Survey Process (PDF)
- Nursing and Boarding Care Home Inspections: Information for Residents, Families and Visitors. This publication has been produced in a LARGE FONT to accommodate those with visual difficulties.
- Nursing homes in your area: Compare-inspection results, guide to choosing a nursing home, resident and compliance information regarding Medicare and Medicaid regulations (Federal Medicare website).
- minnesotahelp.info: A statewide database of community resources with special topic areas containing resources for older adults.
- Eldercare Locator: The Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging. The service links those who need assistance with state and local area agencies on aging and community-based organizations that serve older adults and their caregivers.
- Senior LinkAge Line® is a free information and assistance service that makes it easy for seniors and their families to find community services. Contact the Senior LinkAge Line® at (800) 333-2433 or submit feedback at Senior LinkAge Line - Send a Question or Comment.
- Safety Without Restraints