Licensing and Certification
- Becoming Licensed/
- Health Care Facility and Provider Database
- Nursing Home Survey Results
- Resident and Provider Information
- Nursing Home Inspections
- Nursing Services Agencies SNSA
- Paid Feeding Assistants in Nursing Homes
Health Regulation - Facilities and Professions
- Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing
- Facility Manager Resources
- Choosing a Facility
- Find a Provider
- Verify a Facility License or Professional Credential
- File a Complaint
- View Facility and Provider Complaint and Survey Findings
- Resident and Provider Resources
- About Health Regulation Division
End-Stage Renal Dialysis Facility Legal Entity Name Change
(Not a change of ownership)
This page contains instructions for a legal entity name change for an end-stage renal dialysis facility in Minnesota.
- Submit CMS 855A application and all supporting documentation to the designated Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for approval.
CMS 855A Medicare Enrollment Application (PDF)
(See Medicare Fee-for-Service Provider Enrollment Contact List)
- Send the following to MDH at the address below or submit via email:
Provide written notice on facility letterhead and include the following:
- Health Facility Identification Number (HFID).
- CMS Certification Number (CCN).
- DBA name.
- Previous legal entity name.
- New legal entity name.
- Date of change.
- Notice signed by authorized official.
- Contact the Minnesota Secretary of State and file a Certificate of Assumed Name.
- Provide Certificate of Assumed Name to MDH.
Recommendation to CMS
MDH will not process the legal entity name change until after the facility notice, 855A and approval letter from the MAC is received by MDH.
Mail or email completed documents to:
Minnesota Department of Health
Health Regulation Division
Licensing and Certification Program
P.O. Box 64900
St. Paul, Minnesota 55164-0900
Attn: Certification Specialist