IQIP HPV Vaccination Improvement Project
MDH is partnering with the American Cancer Society (ACS) to provide an alternate Immunization Quality Improvement for Providers (IQIP) program to support and assist clinics in improving HPV immunization rates. The purpose of this alternate IQIP program is to improve on-time HPV vaccination coverage for both series initiation and completion. This IQIP program will offer technical assistance provided by MDH, including Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) training and resource sharing.
If you are interested in participating, please email health.IQIP.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternate IQIP program participants will receive:
- Resources from MDH and American Cancer Society (ACS) on HPV vaccination improvement strategies and best practices.
- Information and interactive data tools to explore Minnesota HPV vaccine coverage rates and HPV-related cancer rates.
- Training and technical assistance on MIIC quality improvement tools, such as MIIC assessment reports to track your clinic's adolescent vaccination coverage rates and client follow-up to identify patients in your practice who are missing immunizations.
- Dedicated time to bring together all clinic staff to identify opportunities to promote HPV vaccination.
- Routine check-ins with MDH IQIP site visitors to develop and implement a personalized quality improvement plan.
Alternate IQIP program structure:
- Enrollment and initiation phase
- Clinics will register to participate in the HPV Vaccination Improvement Project. After registration and enrollment, participants will receive clinic-level adolescent immunization coverage data, including HPV initiation and completion rates.
- Clinics will create a Strategy Implementation Plan with MDH to identify quality improvement strategies to focus on throughout the course of the program.
- Provider education phase
- Participants will attend a live webinar that will provide an overview of HPV-related cancers in Minnesota, quality improvement strategies, and best practices to increasing HPV vaccination rates. A recording of this webinar will also be made available on-demand to participants.
- Ongoing IQIP support
- Clinics will receive routine check-ins with MDH IQIP site visitors at 2 months, 6 months, and 12 months of the program. Site visits will include MIIC technical assistance and training.