Northwest District Water Operators School
Conducted by the:
- Minnesota Department of Health, and
- American Water Works Association - Minnesota Section
October 23 to October 25, 2019 (Wednesday-Friday)
Holiday Inn Lakefront
1155 Highway 10 East
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501
- 16 credit hours for attendance
A block of guest rooms at the Holiday Inn was held and may still be available at a special rate of $94.99 plus tax for a standard room or $99.99 plus tax for a lakeview room (both types of rooms have two double beds). Call 218-847-2121 and mention American Water Works Association.
The 2020 school will be Wednesday to Friday, October 21-23, at the Courtyard by Marriott in Moorhead,
- Fee: $145
($155 after October 8, 2018)
Register on the Minnesota AWWA Community Calendar page
Applications for the certification exam must be received by the Minnesota Department of Health at least 15 days before the exam. Download the exam application below:email@example.com, 651-201-4690
More details and an agenda will be posted when they are available.
Agenda for 2019 Training
- Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. on October 23
- Wednesday sessions begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday sessions begin at 8:15 a.m.
- Friday sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.
Note: In place of the other sessions, an all-day exam prep will be held on Wednesday, and a study session will be held on Thursday.
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Minnesota American Water Works Association (AWWA) Update/Section Conference Recap – Bill Schluenz, Chair, Minnesota AWWA
- Water for People
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Update – David Rindal and Bonnie Shafer, MDH
- Lead in Schools/Lead and Copper Rule/Corrosion Control Treatment – Anna Schliep, MDH
- Optimizing Iron and Manganese Removal – Dean Sletten, Apex Engineering Group
- Well Drilling – Aaron Butler, Thein Well
- TOP of the Tower – Shawn Mulhern, KLM Engineering
Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Breakfast and Northeast District Business Meeting – Election of Vice Chair
- Featured Speaker: Phil Hansen, former defensive end for the Buffalo Bills
- Vendor Show with competitions: Taste Test
- Tour of Absolute Ice
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Hydrants – Max Wagner, American Flow Control
- Chemical Safety – Kent Osland, Hawkins Chemical
- Salty Parameter Discharge Limits – Elise Doucette, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- 20 Questions – Todd Johnson, MDH
- Certification Exams (9:00 a.m.)