Minnesota Fluoridation Rule Revision
Chapter 4720.0030, subpart 2
The MDH Drinking Water Protection Section has begun revision of Minnesota Rules 4720.0030, subpart 2, which prescribes the minimum, maximum, and average fluoride concentrations to be maintained within municipal public water systems.
The Rebuttal Period has closed. The Department is waiting for the Administrative Law Judge's Report, which is due January 18th.
- Notice of Hearing (PDF) for adopting rules
The proposed revisions to the rule would likely affect:
- Local units of government
- Municipal public water system customers
- Municipal public water system owners
- Water treatment chemical distributors
- Oral health professionals
- Dental public health organizations
- MDH Oral Health Program
- Water Operator Certification and Training
Resources for training and certification of water operators.
- Pathogen Project
Virus study about the presence of viruses in Minnesota groundwater.
- Plan Review
Information on plan reviews.
- Basics of Monitoring and Testing of Drinking Water
How samples are taken, how corrective actions are taken and how treatment is completed.
- About the MDH Drinking Water Protection Program
General information about MDH's programs that protect drinking water.
- DWP Contacts
Drinking Water Protection contacts listed by county, office, or topic.