Conferences & Video Presentations
- Conferences & Video Presentations Home
- 2023 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- 2022 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- 2019 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- Focus on Ambulatory Care
- 2018 Annual Meeting
- Long-Term Care Webinar Series
2022 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
Using Data for Action
May 10-11, 2022
8 - 11:30 a.m. CDT
- FREE virtual conference with keynote and concurrent sessions
- Two half-day livestreams
- CE credits available
This conference is intended for professionals working across the spectrum of health care. Health care providers, pharmacists, nurses, infection preventionists, dental professionals, administrators, public health professionals, and others are encouraged to attend.
Improve antibiotic stewardship in Minnesota through:
- Understanding the importance of tracking antibiotic use and approaches to using data to improve prescribing practices.
- Recognizing the benefits and challenges of tele-stewardship as an antibiotic stewardship tool in different care settings.
- Identifying approaches and data sources needed to accurately assess disparities in antibiotic prescribing.
Agenda and topics
2022 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference: Using Data for Action (PDF)
Download or print the agenda.
Save the Date: 2022 Antibiotic Stewardship Virtual Conference (PDF)
Download or print the save the date announcement.
- How Phage Therapy Impacted My Patient’s Story
- Identifying & Tracking Opportunities for Prescribing Improvement
- Empowerment Through Education: Leveraging Tele-Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Establishing a Tele-Stewardship Program Within a Large Health System
- Antimicrobial Stewardship: A Review of The Joint Commission Standards
- Pharmacy Centered Interventions for LTC Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
- Methodologies and Measures for Tracking Antibiotic Use in Outpatient Settings: Creating Order Out of Chaos
- Update On Antibiotic Stewardship in Minnesota
- The Winding Path Towards Antibiotic Stewardship
- Driving Factors of Disparities in Antibiotic Prescribing: Providers, Patients, and Geography
- Swish and Swallow: Antibiotic Stewardship in Dentistry
- The Role of the Medical Director with Antibiotic Stewardship in Nursing Homes
- Antimicrobial Stewardship during the COVID-19 Pandemic: You Lose Some, You Win Some
- Building the Data Pyramid: A practical approach to modeling outpatient antimicrobial prescribing data
The speakers below will present keynote/plenary sessions.
- Sarah Kabbani, MD, MSc & Melinda Neuhauser, PharmD, MPH
Office of Antibiotic Stewardship, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Zahra Kassamali Escobar, PharmD, BCIDP
Associate Medical Director
University of Washington Tele-Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- David Hyun, MD
Project Director, Antibiotic Resistance Project
The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Eili Y. Klein, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Continuing education information
CE credits will be provided to physicians and pharmacists:
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Minnesota Medical Association and Minnesota Department of Health. The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. MMA designates this internet live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy's Continuing Education Advisory Task Force reviewed and approved this conference for 6.5 credit hours.
CE credits are available for nurses, dental professionals, and other attendees:
- Attendees are responsible for determining if this program meets the criteria for their discipline/organization.
- Attendees will receive documentation for this conference (agenda, speaker credentials, proof of attendance) that is designed to meet requirements for obtaining CE credits following a post-conference evaluation.
Hosted by Minnesota Department of Health, Care Providers of Minnesota, LeadingAge Minnesota, Minnesota Hospital Association, and Stratis Health.