Conferences & Video Presentations
- Conferences & Video Presentations Home
- 2024 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- 2023 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- 2022 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- 2019 Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
- Focus on Ambulatory Care
- 2018 Annual Meeting
- Long-Term Care Webinar Series
2023 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference
Recommit to Stewardship
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 | 1 - 4:30 p.m. CDT
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 | 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. CDT
For anyone engaged in antibiotic stewardship across the continuum of care!
- FREE virtual conference with keynote and concurrent sessions
- Two half-day livestreams
- CE credits available
The 2023 conference theme centers on a recommitment to stewardship. This theme was selected given the many challenges and competing priorities health care facilities experienced over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic which drew focus and resources away from established programs and initiatives, including antibiotic stewardship programs. While the impact of the pandemic remains great, there is work being done across the health care community to rebuild and strengthen stewardship work and combat antibiotic resistance.
To foster recommitment to progress in antimicrobial stewardship across the health care continuum in Minnesota, we will:
- Recognize how the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted progress in antimicrobial stewardship and antimicrobial use.
- Describe strategies for engaging interdisciplinary staff across the continuum of care in antibiotic stewardship initiatives.
- Identify health equity considerations in antibiotic prescribing and approaches to assess disparities in diagnosis and prescribing practices.
Agenda and featured keynotes
Updated Agenda: 2023 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference (PDF)
Download or print the agenda.
Save the Date: 2023 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Virtual Conference (PDF)
Download or print the save the date announcement.
Keynote sessions and speakers:
Health Equity & Antimicrobial Stewardship: What You Should Know & What You Can Do
Zanthia Wiley, MD, FHM, FIDSA
Infectious Diseases Specialist & Associate Professor of Medicine
Recommitment to Stewardship & Changes During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Sarah Kabbani, MD, MSc | Infectious Disease Physician & Deputy Director
Melinda Neuhauser, PharmD, MPH | Pharmacist & Acute Care Lead
Office of Antibiotic Stewardship, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Continuing education (CE) information
CE credits will be provided to physicians and pharmacists:
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Minnesota Medical Association and Minnesota Department of Health. The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. MMA designates this internet live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy's Continuing Education Advisory Task Force reviewed and approved this conference for 6 credit hours.
Documentation for obtaining CE credits will be available for nurses, dental professionals, and other attendees:
- Attendees are responsible for determining if this program meets the criteria for their discipline/organization.
- Attendees will receive documentation for this conference (agenda, speaker credentials, proof of attendance) that is designed to meet requirements for obtaining CE credits following a post-conference evaluation.