One Health Antibiotic Stewardship
News and Events
U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week
U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week is observed annually during November 18–24 to bring attention to the critical role antibiotics play in human health, environmental health, animal health, and beyond.
- Antibiotic Awareness Week Proclamation (PDF)
Governor Walz proclaimed Nov. 18-24 as Antibiotic Awareness Week
- Subscribe to One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative Updates
Email updates with antibiotic stewardship news, resources, and stories
- One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Resources and Print Materials
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Antimicrobial Use and Resistance
- Prescribing Antibiotics in Outpatient Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- UMN College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM): Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship Initiative
- UMN CVM: Antimicrobial Resistance Learning Site
- CDC: Antibiotic Prescribing and Use
- CDC: Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship
- CDC: Be Antibiotics Aware Partner Toolkit
- Data show progress in Minnesota hospitals' adoption of antibiotic stewardship practices
November 20, 2019
- Hospitals, long-term care facilities honored for taking a leading role on antibiotic stewardship
November 14, 2018
- Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Roll
The Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Roll encourages commitment to antibiotic stewardship across the state.
- CHAIN Award for Excellence
Minnesota Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infections Network has announced an Award for Excellence to commend infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship efforts of health care teams.