Data Strategy and Interoperability
- Data Strategy and Interoperability Home
- Interoperability and Public Health Reporting
- Promoting Interoperability
- Webinar Series
- Data Technical Assistance
- About Us
MDH Interoperability Webinar Series
In response to external partner input, MDH has been working to better coordinate and streamline public health reporting options. See below for a webinar series on public health reporting interoperability options to:
- Reduce your reporting administrative burden.
- Meet the CMS public health reporting requirements.
- Improve data quality so information shared with MDH can better address future emerging threats and address population health issues.
- Learn how you, your organization, and your patients benefit from improved public health reporting.
This webinar series is intended for IT and clinical staff who collect, use and share information for the use cases listed below at hospitals, health systems, local public health and laboratories including:
- IT project decision makers, IT specialists, interface implementers, clinical informaticists.
- Meaningful use/promoting interoperability coordinators, infection preventionists, laboratorians, laboratory managers and informaticists.
- Trauma program managers, clinical managers, community health or population health analysts.
- Community health workers, public health nurses, and local epidemiologists.
Overall MDH Data Strategies and use cases available, including services of HIO and use of MDH Data Exchange HUB
- Presentation: MDH Interoperability Webinar Series: MDH Overall Interoperability Data Strategy (PDF)
- Dec. 2 meeting recording (YouTube)
- MDH Interoperability Checklist for External Partners (PDF)
Immunization Reporting (MIIC) *
- Presentation: MDH Interoperability Webinar Series: Immunization Exchange (PDF)
- Dec. 9 meeting recording (YouTube)
Traumatic Brain Injury/Spinal Cord Injury (TBI/SCI)
Webinar to be rescheduled at a later date.
Expanded syndromic surveillance with participation in the National Syndromic Surveillance Program (NSSP) *
- Presentation: National Syndromic Surveillance Program (NSSP) (PDF)
- Jan. 6 meeting recording (YouTube)
Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) *
Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) *
Laboratory Orders/Results – Infectious Disease Lab (IDL)
- Presentation: Infectious Disease Lab Electronic Test Orders/Results Use Case (PDF)
- Infectious Disease Laboratory Electronic Lab Orders and Results (PDF)
- Jan. 27 meeting recording (YouTube)
Laboratory Orders/Results – Newborn Screening Blood Spot (NBS)
- Presentation: NBS Blood Spot Electronic Orders/Results Use Case (PDF)
- Feb. 3 meeting recording (YouTube)
* Denotes CMS-required public health reporting for Medicare payments.
At each webinar learn:
- How the featured use case option benefits you, your organization, and your patients.
- What MDH uses the information for, including population and community health.
- Which partners are expected to submit information to MDH for the featured use case and why?
- Details of the processes, priorities, and specifications for implementing the featured use case.
- How the featured use case aligns with MDH data strategy for improved interoperability.
- Next steps for onboarding electronic sharing of information for the featured use case.
Webinars will be recorded and transcribed. For a copy, email email@example.com.