Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
- Antibiotic Resistance for Health Professionals Home
- Antimicrobial Resistance Home
- Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative
- One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Print Materials
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Infection Control Assessment and Response Program (ICAR)
- Hand Hygiene
Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs (ASP)
Antimicrobial stewardship is a coordinated program that promotes the appropriate use of antimicrobials (including antibiotics), improves patient outcomes, reduces microbial resistance, and decreases the spread of infections caused by multidrug-resistant organisms.
For Long-Term Care
- Minnesota Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Resources for Long-term Care Facilities
- Minnesota Sample Antibiotic Stewardship Policy for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF) | (Word)
- CDC: Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship for Nursing Homes
For Acute Care
- Acute Care Antibiotic Stewardship Program Resource List
This resource list includes valuable toolkits, checklists, templates, and publications that health care professionals can refer to when implementing or sustaining acute care antibiotic stewardship programs.
- CDC: Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- CDC: Antibiotic Prescribing and Use
CDC's campaign focused on improving prescribing practices in inpatient health care facilities.