Sage Cancer Screening
- Sage Cancer Screening Home
- About Sage
- Resources for Patients
- Get Screened
- Sage Stories
- Sage Videos
SagePlus Heart Health Screening Program
SagePlus is looking for partner clinics to implement free heart health services for underinsured and uninsured women. This work aims to improve the health among communities that experience the greatest disparities. Funding supports implementation of heart health screening and follow-up, social services needs assessments and referrals, and lifestyle change programming (e.g., exercise or nutrition classes).
If you are interested in becoming a SagePlus provider and would like to learn more, please complete this quick SagePlus for Heart Health survey and we will reach out to you in the near future.
SagePlus helps keep women in Minnesota healthy by addressing their risks for cardiovascular disease.
Program components include risk factor screenings, education on risk factors, and ongoing support for lifestyle changes. Services are provided at participating locations free of charge for women ages 35-64 who meet insurance and income eligibility guidelines. SagePlus is an add-on heart screening for women enrolled in the Sage breast and cervical cancer screening program.
The Sage Program maintains a Call Center, staffed by patient navigators who speak several languages. The navigators answer calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and assist Minnesota callers with program eligibility, identifying and addressing barriers to screening, scheduling appointments, and providing referrals to appropriate resources.
- Women ages 35-64
- Uninsured and underinsured
- Income within program guidelines
- Heart and stroke risk factor screening
- Patient education on risk factor results
- Follow-up tests for patients with abnormal screening results
- Ongoing support for healthy behavior lifestyle changes
- Hennepin Health: Brooklyn Park Clinic
- Hennepin Health: Downtown Clinic
- Hennepin Health: Richfield Clinic
- Indian Health Board
- Minnesota Community Care (formerly Westside)
- Southside Community Health Services
Reimbursement rates are based on Medicare reimbursement and are subject to adjustment as Medicare adjusts rates. If you'd like more information, please contact the Sage Program Billing Line at 651-201-5630.
Schedule a Screening
If you are interested in being screened through SagePlus, call 1-888-643-2584 to see if you are eligible. You can also visit Appointment Scheduling for the Sage Screening Program, fill out the form and one of our staff will contact you.
- SagePlus Coordinator: 651-201-5155
- Sage Main Line: 651-201-5600
- Billing Line: 651-201-5630
- Fax: 1-877-495-7545
- Call Center: 1-888-643-2584