Health Care: COVID-19
- Health Care Home
- Evaluating & Testing
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Long-term Care
- Health Care Facilities & Systems
- Therapeutic Options
- Surgeries & Procedures
- Clinical Recommendations for Underlying Medical Conditions
- Mental Health & Resiliency Tools
Information for Organizations Requesting Cue Rapid Molecular Tests
The Cue rapid molecular test (isothermal nucleic acid amplification test), which received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, uses a device, test cartridge, and nasal swab to deliver COVID-19 test results in 20 minutes to an iPhone, iPad, or android device mobile application.
There are two types of Cue tests:
- Cue COVID-19 test for professional use (FDA Cue professional authorization at DHHS Letterhead: Cue COVID-19 Test [PDF])
- Cue COVID-19 test for home and over the counter (FDA Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (OTC) Use - Letter of Authorization [PDF])
As noted in the emergency use authorization, the Cue test must meet the following requirements:
- Administered in a facility with a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certificate of compliance, certificate of accreditation, or certificate of waiver; and
- Performed by a trained staff member.
Resources from Cue:
- Visit Cue Health Monitoring System support.
- Send an email to Impact Health at email@example.com.
- Call the Cue customer support hotline at 833-283-8378, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a biweekly supply of the tests:
- Review the Cue Testing Information (PDF) on use and requirements for entities receiving the test.
- Submit an online form to request tests: Cue Test Order Form.
MDH has a limited supply of Cue tests. Each test order is contingent on the demand for tests and the availability of test supplies.
Questions? Email: email@example.com.