Information for Organizations Requesting Cue Rapid Molecular Tests
The Cue rapid molecular test (isothermal nucleic acid amplification test), which received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, uses a device, test cartridge, and nasal swab to deliver COVID-19 test results in 20 minutes to an iPhone, iPad, or android device mobile application.
There are two types of Cue tests:
- Cue COVID-19 test for professional use (FDA Cue professional authorization at DHHS Letterhead: Cue COVID-19 Test [PDF])
- Cue COVID-19 test for home and over the counter (FDA Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (OTC) Use - Letter of Authorization [PDF])
As noted in the emergency use authorization, the Cue test must meet the following requirements:
- Administered in a facility with a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certificate of compliance, certificate of accreditation, or certificate of waiver; and
- Performed by a trained staff member.
Resources from Cue:
- Visit Cue Health Monitoring System support.
- Send an email to Impact Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Cue customer support hotline at 833-283-8378, or contact email@example.com.
To request a biweekly supply of the tests:
- Review the Cue Testing Information (PDF) on use and requirements for entities receiving the test.
- Submit an online form to request tests: Cue Test Order Form.
MDH has a limited supply of Cue tests. Each test order is contingent on the demand for tests and the availability of test supplies.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.