Information for Organizations Requesting Cue Rapid Molecular Tests
The Cue rapid molecular test (nucleic acid amplification test), which received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, uses a device, test cartridge, and nasal swab to deliver COVID-19 test results to an iPhone, iPad, or android device (i.e., mobile app only) in 20 minutes.
There are two types of Cue tests:
- Cue COVID-19 Test for Professional Use (FDA Cue professional authorization at DHHS Letterhead [PDF])
- Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (FDA Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (OTC) Use - Letter of Authorization [PDF])
When an organization administers either type of Cue test on-site, the tests must be:
- Administered in a facility with a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certificate or CLIA certificate of waiver; and
- Performed by a trained staff member.
Resources from Cue:
- Visit Cue Health Monitoring System support.
- Send an email to Impact Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Cue customer support hotline at 1-833-283-8378 or email@example.com
To request a biweekly supply of the tests:
- Review the Cue Testing Information (PDF) on use and requirements for entities receiving the test.
- Submit an online form to request tests: Cue Test Order Form.
Demand for the Cue tests may exceed supply. If that happens, MDH will prioritize entities serving priority populations and geographic areas with high test positivity rates, where testing access is limited, and/or where the population is disproportionately at risk.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.