Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients
Information about investigational therapeutics to be updated as new information emerges.
Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) Treatment
Monoclonal antibody treatments are available through the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for non-hospitalized COVID-19 positive people.
Ethical Guidance and Eligibility
- Interim Ethical Guidance for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Administration (PDF)
Interim statewide guidance for the allocation of Bamlanivimab to eligible individuals.
- Screening Tool for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment (PDF)
Clinical screening tool to identify eligible individuals for facilities administering the treatment.
- Monoclonal Antibody Treatment: Frequently Asked Questions
Eli Lilly - Bamlanivimab (BAM)
- Emergency Use Authorization of Bamlanivimab for COVID-19 (PDF)
Fact sheet for patients.
- Eli Lilly: Bamlanivimab for COVID-19
Website of the manufacturer of bamlanivimab. See additional links, resources, and guidance to facilities administering the treatment, including:
- FDA letter of authorization
- Fact sheet for health care providers
- Fact sheet for patients, parents, and caregivers in English and Spanish
- Bamlanivimab Antibody Playbook
- Product image and antibody manufacturing photos
- FDA: Frequently Asked Questions on the Emergency Use Authorization for Bamlanivimab (PDF)
- OWS Therapeutics: Monoclonal Antibody Playbook (PDF)
Regneron - Casirivimab and Imdevimab
- Regeneron: Authorized for FDA Emergency Use only Casirivimab and Imdevimab
Website of the manufacturer of casirivimab and imdevimab. See additional links, resources, and guidance to facilities administering the treatment, including:
- FDA letter of authorization
- Fact sheet for U.S. health care providers
- Fact sheet for patients and caregivers in English and Spanish
- Dear Healthcare Provider letter (prescribing information)
Ventilators and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Allocation of Ventilators & Related Scarce Critical Care Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
Statewide ethical guidance for the allocation of ventilators during COVID-19.
- Hospital Guidance: Making Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Decisions in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
Statewide ethical guidance for acute care hospitals and performing CPR during COVID-19.
Remdesivir is available through the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for people with severe COVID-19.
- Ethical Framework to Allocate Remdesivir in the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
Past guidance, key ethical values, and the process for allocation of remdesivir among Minnesota health care facilities and patients.
- Update: Distribution of Veklury® (remdesivir) (PDF)
Process for hospitals to order supplies of remdesivir.
- Patient Information Sheet for Remdesivir (Veklury®)
- Gilead: Remdesivir Emergency Use
FDA Emergency Use Authorization Letter and patient/caregiver fact sheets in English and Spanish.
Additional translated fact sheets for patients and parents/caregivers provided by Mayo Clinic: