Health Care: COVID-19
- Health Care Home
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Long-term Care
- Health Care Facilities & Systems
- Therapeutic Options
- Surgeries & Procedures
- Clinical Recommendations for Underlying Medical Conditions
- Mental Health & Resiliency Tools
Long-term Care: COVID-19
If the document you open does not have a date that matches the one below the link, you may need to clear your cache or browser history to download the most recent version.
COVID-19 Reporting in Minnesota Long-Term Care Settings
- Reporting Requirements for Minnesota Long-term Care Facilities (PDF)
One page summary of reporting requirements.
- Different reporting types:
- Long-term Care Testing: COVID-19
All guidance and materials related to LTC testing activities.
Infection prevention and control
- Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for infection prevention and control in health care settings.
- Employee Illness Tracking Tool (Excel) | Instructions (PDF)
- Resident Cohorts for Respiratory Outbreaks in Long-term Care (PDF)
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Fan Considerations for Long-term Care during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Elections and Voting Guidance for Long-term Care Facilities (PDF)
- CDC: Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations to Prevent SARS-CoV-2 Spread in Nursing Homes
- CDC: Interim guidance for Managing Healthcare Personnel with SARS-CoV-2 Infection or Exposure to SARS-CoV-2
Visitors and outside services
Long term care facilities in Minnesota should refer to CMS and CDC for updated visitation guidelines and recommendations:
- Health Care Worker Isolation and Exposure Recommendations
Includes foundational CDC guidance links and supplemental MDH recommendations to establish isolation and exposure management protocols.
- Defining Crisis Staffing Shortage in Congregate Care Facilities: COVID-19
Review the criteria and definitions provided. A link to Clarification of Staffing Options provides more information.
- MIIC User Guidance and Training Resources
Learn to use population-based tools and reports in MIIC, such as client follow-up, to determine COVID-19 vaccination status of your long-term care residents.