Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for infection prevention and control in health care settings.
- The Difference Between Alternative Masks and Surgical Masks for COVID-19 (PDF)
MDH Contingency Standards of Care for COVID-19: Personal Protective Equipment for Long Term Care / Assisted Living / Other Non-Acute Care Facilities (PDF)
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PDF)
- Aerosol-Generating Procedures and Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Action Plan for Congregate Settings (PDF) | (Word)
Sample infection prevention and control facility action plan for congregate settings.
- Enhanced Respiratory Precautions (PDF)
Signage to alert staff of precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- CDC: Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings
Interim CDC guidance outlining infection prevention and control measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in health care settings with topics including transmission-based precautions and environmental cleaning.