CDC has recently updated their Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Healthcare Personnel. MDH is working to review the CDC guidance and update our documents as appropriate.
Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for infection prevention and control in health care settings.
- Health Care Worker Isolation and Quarantine Recommendations
Protocols for isolation and quarantine of health care workers during conventional, contingency, and crisis staffing situations.
- COVID-19 PPE and Source Control Grids (PDF)
For congregate care settings, by community transmission level.
- Aerosol-Generating Procedures and Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Action Plan for Congregate Care Settings (PDF) | (Word)
Sample infection prevention and control facility action plan for congregate settings.
- Enhanced Respiratory Precautions (PDF)
Signage to alert staff of precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Crisis Standards of Care: Personal Protective Equipment
Includes COVID-19 PPE recommendations and resources.
- CDC: Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CDC guidance outlining infection prevention and control measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in health care settings.
- OSHA: COVID-19 Healthcare ETS
Thank you for your continued partnership. For health care questions, please contact the MDH provider hotline at 651-201-5414.