Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for infection prevention and control in health care settings.
- Aerosol-Generating Procedures and Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Action Plan for Congregate Settings (PDF) | (Word)
Sample infection prevention and control facility action plan for congregate settings.
- Enhanced Respiratory Precautions (PDF)
Signage to alert staff of precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- MDH Contingency Standards of Care for COVID-19: Personal Protective Equipment for Congregate Care Settings (PDF)
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PDF)
- Interim Guidance on Facemasks as a Source Control Measure (PDF)
Source control is a term used to describe measures intended to prevent infected individuals from spreading disease.
- Interim Guidance on Alternative Facemasks (PDF)
There are many versions of non-FDA regulated facemasks, and facilities should evaluate each product before use.
- The Difference Between Alternative Masks and Surgical Masks for COVID-19 (PDF)
Interim guidance for assessing, monitoring, and protecting health care workers during widespread community transmission. See the document below for more information on this process.
- Potential Exposure to Patients with COVID-19 in Inpatient Settings including Emergency Departments (ED) (PDF)
- Potential Exposure to Patients with COVID-19 in Outpatient Settings excluding Emergency Departments (ED) (PDF)
- Potential Exposure to Residents with COVID-19 in Long-term Care, Nursing Home, and Assisted Living Settings (PDF)
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control and Cohorting in Long-term Care (PDF)
This reference outlines essential steps to consider when providing onsite and/or remote support of LTC facilities as they work to prevent entry of COVID-19, respond to a single case, or react to outcomes of facility-wide testing.
- CDC: Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CDC guidance outlining infection prevention and control measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in health care settings.