CDC's new COVID-19 by County community level recommendations do not apply in health care settings, such as hospitals and nursing homes. Instead, health care settings should continue to use CDC's COVID Data Tracker community transmission rates and continue to follow CDC and MDH's infection prevention and control recommendations for health care settings.
Health Care: COVID-19
Guidance for reporting, evaluating and testing, infection prevention and control, and specific to long-term care and facilities and systems.
- Reporting COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 Infections
Required disease reporting for COVID-19.
- Evaluating and Testing: COVID-19
Minnesota guidance for evaluating and testing patients.
Forms | Collecting Specimens | Home Care Instructions
- Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19
Guidelines and recommendations related to infection prevention.
- Long-term Care: COVID-19
Guidance and resources for long-term care facilities.
- Health Care Facilities and Systems: COVID-19
Facilities and systems specific guidance.
- COVID-19 Vaccine
Planning details and vaccine provider pre-registration instructions, as well as data and phases.
- Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients
Information about investigational medication treatments (therapeutics), to be updated as new information is available.
- Surgeries and Procedures During COVID-19
Guidance and frequently asked questions about surgeries and medical procedures during COVID-19.
- Clinical Recommendations for Patients with Underlying Medical Conditions
High-risk conditions and clinical recommendations for health care providers.
- Mental Health and Resiliency Tools for Health Care Workers: COVID-19
Tools and resources for health care leaders and workers to deal with common mental, emotional, and psychological concerns they have because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For all health care workers/settings
- Health Care Worker Isolation and Quarantine Recommendations
Protocols for isolation and quarantine of health care workers during conventional, contingency, and crisis staffing situations.
- Defining Crisis Staffing Shortage in Congregate Care Facilities
Crisis-level staffing criteria, strategies, and guidelines for congregate care facilities.
- Reporting COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 Clusters in Health Care Facilities
- Guidance for Temporary Plastic Barriers in Health Care Settings
- Information for Organizations Requesting Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card
- Information for Organizations Requesting Cue Rapid Molecular Tests
- Ivermectin and COVID-19 (PDF)
Information for health care organizations and providers.
- Prescribing Antibiotics in Outpatient Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
Information and considerations for providers related to antibiotics.
- Best Practices for COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Sites: Disability-related Accessibility
- Minnesota Home Care Association (MHCA)
Includes a COVID-19 Home Care & Hospice Toolkit.
- CDC: Information For Healthcare Professionals
Interim CDC guidance for health care professionals on human cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Check the CDC guidance regularly as updates are posted when new information is available.